Green Is the New Black is pleased to announce Singapore based Conscious Festival coming to Hong Kong for Earth Day weekend, 20- 22 April 2018 at PMQ 元創方 and in partnership with Ocean Recovery Alliance. Two new components are being released exclusively for the Hong Kong chapter.
As the first festival of its kind in Hong Kong, The Conscious Festival by Green Is the New Black (GITNB) is an event for people who want to improve the way they think, live and consume while doing more good in the world. This is a place where fun and social environmental responsibility go hand in hand.
This year in Hong Kong The Conscious Festival will be a 3-day celebration for Earth Day.
The event welcomes professionals, individuals, families and little ones, with a variety of activities that are fun for everyone, including talks, green games, live music, dancing and interactive art where everyone can be an activist.
APRIL 20 2018 – the UNCONFERENCE – Industry
The UNCONFERNECE: Making Business Circular is a one-day experience that has been designed to make people think differently, as a platform to openly share successes and challenges, and inspire the next wave of business thinking. During the day we will firstly understand and implement circularity in business, and secondly empower brands/companies to make sustainability mainstream through communications and financing. A first time and new edition to The Conscious Festival that is exclusive to the Hong Kong chapter.
Speaker highlights include:
- David Goldsmith – A globally-respected consultant, inventor, advisor, speaker, serial entrepreneur, and author, his Project Moon Hut is establishing sustainable life on the moon.
- Maxime Pourrat – A food waste warrior, who if fighting food waste one kitchen at a time, Maxime is the Managing Director at Winnow and a serial social entrepreneur.
- Sann Carrière – A circular economy business designer, strategist and storyteller, Saan champions future thinking and problem solving to redesign business for the future.
APRIL 21 – 22 2018 – the FESTIVAL – Individuals & Families
With a market featuring over 70 mindful brands, transformative talks, delicious healthy eats, organic booze, interactive art and games – this is one festival not to be missed. In a snapshot, what goes down:
Four transformative sessions packed full of juicy actionable insights that will empower you to change your life including inspiring keynotes, engaging workshops, wellness breaks and action kits.
- MIND – Expanding Consciousness
- EARTH – Biodiversity: Ego vs Eco
- CONSUMPTION – Journeying to Zero Waste
- CONSCIOUS PARENTING – Holistic Education & Living
The marketplace will have mindful brand pop-ups, edutainment booths by NGOs, healthy and delicious vegetarian food, a series of activism through art, mini-workshops as well as a lively atmosphere with local bands and entertainers.
- Mindful Market
- Live Music & Entertainment
- Healthy & Delicious Food
- Edutainment Activities
- Interactive Activism through Art
>>> Get all the deets
Igniting a collective passion for protecting the environment in Hong Kong & Beyond through the screen and conversations
- Friday 20 April – By Ocean Recovery Alliance
- Saturday 21 April – By Singapore Eco Film Festival
- Sunday 22 April – By Conscious Cinema
>>> Get all the deets
We hope that you will join us and spread the word about Green Is The New Black so that together we can be the catalyst for change.
More speakers, brands, artists, workshops to be announced at a later date.
Help us keep our content free
It seems like you enjoyed our content and are on your way to better understanding how to be more conscious. As you’ll know, we’re on a mission to make sustainability accessible, mainstream and sexy. And we would not be able to do it with you. We would love you to support us even further in our GITNB movement by helping us create even more content to keep inspiring you and the rest of the world. Aside from being able to enjoy even better reads, you’ll also receive a GITNB t-shirt consciously made from upcycled fabrics in partnership with a Cambodian social enterprise supporting women. For a small donation you will make a huge difference.SUPPORT US HERE